This Vegan pesto is literally the best I have ever tried! So damn tasty – I add it to EVERYTHING!
Deciding to switch to a plant based diet, when your gluten intolerant and your partner is sensitive to nuts is HARD! Especially as most vegan recipes use nuts as a replacement.
However this pesto recipe is THE BEST pesto I have ever had AND its completely free from nuts & dairy, how good is that for all of you out there who are sensitive or intolerant?!
I usually whip up a big jar when I get home from the markets and do my meal prep so that the basil is fresh and delicious! The pesto will keep fresh for the whole week and I love adding it to salad, pasta and pretty much everything! :p
Best ever vegan and nut free pesto recipe
- 1 large bunch of fresh basil leaves
- ¾ cup cold pressed olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 handful kale (I prefer baby kale leaves, however regular kale or rocket will work fine)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of water if needed (depends on desired consistency)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast (vegan cheese replacement)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Add garlic, basil, kale, apple cider vinegar and lemon to a food processor/thermomix. Pulse to chop finely.
- Add oil, salt and nutritional yeast to the processor/thermomix and blend together until a paste is formed.
- Add more salt depending on taste, and add more oil or water to reach desired consistency.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Love Bell xx